Juiciest Turkey Recipe
With Thanksgiving just a few short weeks away, this week’s Sunday Supper comes from FinaMill’s sister company, Liquid Solution. The secret to cooking the juiciest, full-flavor turkey is to brine it in an easy-to-use, disposable, Liquid Solution brining bag. Brining is a process where the turkey soaks, overnight, in a salt solution. This adds incredible moisture. Then to enhance the flavor, just add herbs and spices to the liquid. The result will be a moist, delicious turkey each and every time. The disposable bag makes clean up a snap.
We want to extend best wishes to our FinaMill friends for a wonderful Thanksgiving. Enjoy!
Ingredients For The Perfect Brine
- 4 cups of large crystal salt
- 5 cups sugar
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 stalks of celery, sliced
- 2 onions, sliced into cubes
- 2 leeks cleaned thoroughly and sliced
- 3 whole bay leaves
- 6 cloves of garlic halved
- 2 Tbsp. of fresh ground black peppercorns (FinaPod PRO Plus)
- 1 Tbsp. fresh ground cumin (FinaPod PRO Plus)
- 2 Tbsp. of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp. of fresh ground cloves
- 2 Tbsp. of allspice (FinaPod MAX)
- 8 cups of water
1. Pour water into a large pot, add sugar and salt, heat slowly and stir until all sugar and salt are dissolved.
2. All the brine mixture to cool to room temperature.
3. Freshly grind your cumin seeds, black pepper, and allspice using the FinaMill directly into the cooled brine mixture.
4. Add all other ingredients to brine mixture.
5. Place your turkey into a Liquid Solution brining bag and pour in the brine mixture. Be sure to remove all the air and place it in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. Don’t brine the turkey any longer than that.
6. Pat dry turkey before cooking. Follow directions for the size of turkey you are cooking.
About Liquid Solution
Liquid Solution is a small business that produces an assortment of durable, heavy-duty, BPA-free brining bags and specially designed tools for expertly basting your turkey. The brining bags are perfect for any large turkey, but they also work for many other types of meats. The thick materials and durable seams make these bags also ideal for: wild game, ham, roast, deer, or even jerky. If you want an alternative to brining, you can also safely marinate your meat right in these bags, creating a flavor profile that is out of this world. When the meal is over, you can safely throw away bones and food waste into the bags. To learn more, click here .