Chicken And Egg Burrito Bowl
- 2 1/2 cups water, divided
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 tsp. lime zest
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped, plus more for serving
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 cup chunky salsa, plus more for serving
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin (PRO Plus pod)
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. minced, dried garlic (PRO Plus pod)
- 1/2 tsp. coarse salt (PRO Plus pod)
- 1/2 tsp. peppercorns (PRO Plus pod)
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 (15 oz.) can reduced sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 large eggs, scrambled
- 1/2 cup Mexican blend cheese, shredded
1. In a medium saucepan, add 2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Add the rice and cover. Reduce heat to low and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes. Stir in lime zest, lime juice and cilantro. Set aside.
2. In a large skillet, add the chicken, salsa, chili powder, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, salt, pepper, ½ cup of water, spinach, corn and black beans. Cook until warmed through, then gently stir in scrambled eggs.
3. Serve in bowls and top with cheese, fresh cilantro and salsa.
4. Refrigerate leftovers up to 4 days.
Home of the Incredible Egg, the AEB is the U.S. egg industry’s national commodity marketing organization. The AEB’s mission is to increase demand for eggs and egg products through research, education and promotion. For more information, visit IncredibleEgg.org.