Summer cuscus Salad
This bright flavorful salad is perfect for a warm day. Bring it to a BBQ or to a family gathering and you’ll be sure to be a star.
The fresh herbs combine beautifully with the cherry tomatoes, while the cuscus provides the mouthfeel and substance that makes this a true crowd pleaser.
Ingredients• 4 cups cherry tomatoes. Divided into two servings
• Extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 cup dry couscous
• 1½ cups cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
• ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice, even more if you need
• 1 garlic clove, minced
• Leaves from 6 sprigs fresh thyme, reserve some for garnish
• ¼ cup fresh basil, reserve some for garnish
• 2 english cucumbers, thinly sliced
• ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
• Sharp knife
• Baking pan
• Large bowl
2. Cook the couscous according to the package directions about 9 minutes. Drain and set aside.
3. Increase the oven heat to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the chickpeas on the baking sheet and toss with a drizzle of olive oil and sprinkles of salt and pepper. Roast 20 minutes, or until crispy. Remove from the oven and toss with the smoked paprika.
4. In the bottom of a large bowl, combine 1 tablespoon of olive oil, the lemon juice, garlic, thyme, ¼ teaspoon salt, and several seconds of grinding the FinaMill with black pepper. Add the cooled couscous and toss. Slice the remaining raw cherry tomatoes in half and add them to the bowl with the roasted tomatoes, the chickpeas, basil, cucumbers, and feta. Top with more fresh herbs and a generous drizzle of olive oil. Season to taste.