Spices Filled brownies
For the Brownies
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter
- 12 ounces semisweet baking chocolate
- 6 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
For the Topping:
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon powered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Melt the butter and baking chocolate together in the microwave or over a double-boiler. Allow to cool. Whisk eggs, sugar and vanilla together. Then once the chocolate has cooled a little, whisk the egg mixture and chocolate together.
Stir in the flour, coffee granules, salt, cinnamon and cayenne. Once the batter is well combined, add the chocolate chips. Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish. Pour the batter into the dish and bake for 35-40 minutes.
Test the brownies with a toothpick—if it comes out mostly clean, take them out of the oven. The brownies continue to cook a little as they're cooling, but you don’t want them to be overcooked. Allow the brownies to cool completely. Cut into 24 squares. Clean the knife with a paper towel in between cuts to insure the edges are smooth.
- Mix 1 tablespoon cocoa powder, 1 tablespoon powdered sugar, and use FinaMill to grind 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper together. Using a sifter or small sieve, dust the brownies while they are still in the pan. Then carefully remove them with a spatula.