Roasted Brussel Sprouts
One of the most celebrated vegetables of the century, the Brussel Sprout. Once hated and mocked by boomers, it’s back and whit a vengeance. This dish is very bright and floral, from the lemon zest, but savory and satisfying from the Parmesan cheese, the sprouts balance it out with an earthy light bitterness that blends in harmony.
- 1 lb of Brussel Sprouts
- Olive oil
- 1 Lemon
- 4 oz Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 415 degrees F.
- Cut off bottoms of the stems of the brussel sprouts
- Remove any leaves that look yellow or discolored
- Halve the sprouts, and place them cut side up on the baking sheet
- Apply olive oil generously covering every sprout
- Use FinaMill to grind fresh salt and pepper on medium coarseness to taste
- Cover lightly with the zest of one lemon
- Bake 6 minutes and stir
- Bake another 6 to 8 minutes until tender