AFELIA - A delicious, easy to prepare Greek dish!
Aug 25, 2022
A delicious, easy to prepare Greek dish.
This recipe was created by Jill Norman. Jill is recognized internationally as an authority on spices and herbs. Her books on food and cooking have been widely translated and have won many awards, including from the James Beard Foundation. Enjoy!
Serves 3 – 4
- 1.5 pounds pork loin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt, freshly ground with FinaPod PRO Plus
- Peppercorns, freshly ground with FinaPod PRO Plus
- 1 onion, sliced
- ½ cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds, freshly ground with FinaPod PRO Plus
1. In a large, lidded sauté pan, heat the oil to high. When the oil simmers, put the pork into the pan and brown the meat on all sides. Using your FinaMill with FinaPod PRO Plus season with coarse salt and peppercorns.
2. When the meat is browned, remove it to a side dish. Reduce the heat to medium and add a tablespoon of olive oil, then add the onion. Sauté the onion until it softens and turns golden, about 10 minutes, then set it aside.
3. Return the pork to the pan and add the red wine. Bring the liquid to a boil, then cover and reduce to a simmer for 20 minutes. Return the onions to the pan and, using your FinaMill with FinaPod PRO Plus freshly grind, and stir in, the coriander seeds. Replace the lid and simmer until the pork is tender and much of the liquid has been reduced, around another 20 minutes.
4. Serve Afelia with rice and enjoy!